This post is contributed by One Drop member –Dyllis Teo
Some time back, there was a post on keeping OUTDOOR DISTURBANCES at bay, you know what I’m talking about, right. For compliance reasons, I can’t say the T and F word, so please refrain from those words in the comment section as well!
Singapore is so hot and humid that these outdoor disturbances are a real concern year round! I’m in another fb group called YL Hacks and there are several posts discussing this topic there. So I’ve decided to compile an entire list of oily and non-oily hacks that have worked for others.
Keep in mind that not everything works for everyone because all dogs are different, so don’t give up until you find what works for you and your dogs. And here’s a gentle reminder that you gotta work on immunity because a strong and healthy dog is not attractive to outdoor disturbances
- Oils may help but diet is key. Whole foods and species appropriate diets are best because dry processed foods simply aren’t optimal and wreak havoc on their bodies over time. If not possible, offer Sulfurzyme, Brewers Yeast and Ningxia Red
- Purification + Palo Santo + Peppermint
- Eucalyptus Globulus + Lemongrass + Citronella
- Cedarwood + Lavender + Tea Tree + Citronella
- Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree)
- Monthly Raindrop
- Diluted Thieves Household Cleaner sprayed on before going outdoors
- Soak in a bath of diluted Thieves Household Cleaner
- Soak collars in 1/2 cup rubbing alcohol with 32 drops each of Citronella, Purification, Cedarwood, Thyme for 12-24hours, dry thoroughly for at least 12hours, repeat every 3-4 weeks
soak in a tomato juice bath to kill the disturbances
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar + 1 litre of warm water, 2-3 drops of Lavender and Cedarwood, spray onto dog/cat
- Powder your dog with food grade diatomaceous earth and sprinkle it around the house, dog beds etc
There you go! Share with us what has worked for you! Again, do not mention the T and F word!
Dyllis is a member of OneDrop. She and her team supports oil users via their facebook group – Two Many Legs. If you like Dyllis’s articles and would like to purchase the Young Living oils, please feel free to get in touch with Dyllis or sign up directly here.