This post is contributed by Kai Tan – Founder of One Drop.
I recently had a hair-falling episode. Not sure if it was food, stress or health. But not a like-able experience at all…cleaning bathroom floor of fraying strands and hair brush of broken bits of the crowning glory.
I decided I would test out the Rosemary and Sulfurzyme. I would drip 2-3 drops of rosemary on my scalp after shower and massage the oil in with my fingers. Then brush my hair through to help stimulate the essential oil absorption into the scalp. I took 2 capsules of Sulfurzyme , 3 times a day (1 hour before or after food). The result was pretty neat! Just about 1 week into this regimen, it was pretty evident that my hair condition was improving.
Inspired, I decided to put together a really handy HAIR Emergencies Essential Oils Remedy List here:
Falling Hair/ Stimulating Hair Growth:
- Regime of Rosemary (2-3 drops topically onto scalp) and Sulfurzyme (2 caps, 3 times a day) as shared above
- Add 25 drops ( 1/4 teaspoons) of Clary sage essential oil to 4 oz of sweet almond oil or sunflower oil or any other carrier oil to create a hair oil that can you will use for regular, stimulating scalp massages.
- Take 60z of Ningxia Red and 2-3 Capsules of Sulfurzyme everyday.
- In a small 4 oz. spray bottle filled with distilled water, add 8 drops Lavender. Spritz onto scalp before bedtime and brush/comb in.
- Dilute a drop of Tea Tree Oil (Young Living labels its Tea Tree oil by its Botanical name – Melaleuca Alternifolia) with v6 or almond oil. Massage into scalp. Tea Tree Oil not only help control dandruff but also manages bacteria and fungus, which could contribute to flaky, itchy scalp skin.
- 1/2 cup or organic sunflower oil
5 drops of rosemary essential oil
10 drops of lavender essential oil
Mix all ingredients well. Warm slightly and apply the mixture to damp hair. Wrap hair in plastic wrap and apply a hot towel for 20 minutes before shampoo.
- Clary sage is an essential oil commonly used to treat oily hair. Clary sage can be massaged directly on the scalp and into the hair. As an added bonus, it also promotes a sense of calm and well-being and may help you sleep if you use it close to bedtime. Clary sage promote estrogen balance and prevents thickening in the membrane tissue around the hair follicle that results in hair loss. Warning: Avoid using Clary Sage if you are pregnant.
- People with oily hair can make a hair oil with 15 drops of tea tree and 7 drops each of orange and blue cypress essential oils in 4 ounces of jojoba oil. Shampoo hair with an astringent shampoo and towel dry. Apply about 2 tablespoons of the hair oil evenly throughout the hair. Wrap in a clean, dry towel and leave in hair for 20 minutes or overnight. In the morning, shampoo and condition only the ends of your hair—not the scalp.
- Consider Chamomile (Chamaemelum nobile), Lavender (Lavendula augustifolia) or Rose for dry or damaged hair as these essential oils won’t dry the hair out further. In a dark-colored glass container, combine about 3 to 4 oz. of a carrier oil, such as jojoba and add several drops of each. Use by applying sparingly to clean, dry hair that has not been coated with styling products. Comb through the hair evenly.
But remember! It is always important to also make sure you are also using natural and gentle Hair Shampoos and Conditioners. Chemicals found in commercial hair cleansing products strip the hair of its natural nutrients and strength. Nutritional supplement is also another key factor to consider to maintain healthy lustrous hair. Sulfurzyme®* would always be a key nutritional supplement I would recommend for almost any hair issue.
May all your hair issues be gone!
This post is contributed by Steffie Sam
It’s annoying when pimples appears, however it’s also giving some insights on our health condition. We can dab some Lavender, Melrose, Geranium or Frankincense on the pimples to soothe the area and let the pimples disappear sooner. At the same time we can look a little deeper and decipher the SOS messages our body is sending to us in the form of pimples. So we can work on the respective body system.
Do refer to the graphic for the face areas I am going to refer to:
Pimples appearing on area 1, 2 & 13: Digestive system
Eat lesser fried and processed food. Increase intake of water, fresh fruits and vegetables.
Recommend to use Di-gize to support the digestive system. Apply on the stomach and also ingest 5-10 drops in a vegetable capsule. Di-gize is an essential oil blend that contains a powerful blend of single oils that support a healthy digestive system.
Recommend to take Digest & Cleanse supplement. 1-2 capsules daily after food. Digest & Cleanse helps to support a healthy gastrointestinal system and also helps with a gentle detox.
Pimples appearing on area 3: Liver related
Cut down on alcohol, caffeine, sugar, dairy and greasy food. Increase intake of water and get sufficient sleep daily, so the liver can rest.
Some recommended essential oils that support liver health are Ledum, JuvaCleanse, JuvaFlex and Geranium. Apply 1-2 drops over your liver area and on your soles. Apply a hot compress over the liver area. If you can only choose 1 oil, make it JuvaCleanse. It’s a blend of essential oil that with celery seed, helichrysum and Ledum.
You may want to ease into a gentle liver cleanse with JuvaPower and JuvaTone. These 2 supplements helps with detoxing and cleansing the liver.
Pimples on area 4, 5, 7 & 8: Kidney
Increase intake of water. But down on alcohol and caffeine as these will cause further dehydration. Any blemish around the eye area including dark eye circles are related to dehydration.
Recommend to use lemongrass essential oil and Juniper essential oil. Layer both oils over the kidney area follow by a hot compress. Or add 1-2 drops to drinking water and drink up.
Pimples on area 6: Heart
Check your blood pressure and cholesterol levels. Eat light and cut down on spicy and greasy food. Replace bad fats with good fats, Omega 3 & 6, in your diet.
Recommend to use Aroma Life over the heart and on the neck arteries. Use Lemongrass and helichrysum over the heart and along arms.
Recommend to take Omegagize which contains omega 3, vitamin D, DHA fatty acids and coenzyme Q10. The fish oil in OmegaGize3 is harvested from small cold water fish such as anchovy, mackerel and sardine which have a higher amount of Omega-3’s and a lower level of contaminants. These contaminants tend to concentrate in higher amounts in the larger fish
Pimples on area 9 & 10: Respiratory system
Take more alkalizing food like fresh vegetables and reduce acidic food like meat, dairy, sugar, caffeine and alcohol.
Recommend to add lemon essential oil to drinking water. And take AlkaLime supplement.
Apply essential oils like Idaho Balsam Fir, Wintergreen, Ravintsara and Frankincense over the lungs areas. Also diffuse essential oils that support the respiratory system, RC, Raven, Dorado Azul, Eucalyptus Radiata, Eucalyptus Blue, Eucalyptus Globulous, and etc
Pimples on area 11 & 12: Hormones
This is a sign of stress or hormones changes. Breakout in this area also indicate that you are ovulating.
Recommended to use Progressence Phyto Plus, Lady Sclareol, Clary Sage, Ylang Ylang and Dorado Azul. Apply on ankles, lower back, thyroid area and side of the neck.
Pimples appearing on area 14:
This is an indication that you are falling sick. Drink up and rest up.
Recommended oils to support the immunity system, thieves, immupower, oregano on soles, frankincense, lemon and cistus on spine and soles.
Also recommend to take Inner Defense and Longevity.
This post is contributed by One Drop member – Faith Teo.
At the grand old age of 22 months, my little boy Sol started school. 😉 This mama is so looking forward to him playing and making friends and learning in school but she also knows that Sol is deeply attached to Papa, Jie Jie and herself.
To prep him for school, here is what we do.
To make him strong and robust for school since its so easy to catch any invited guests there, this is what we offered to him daily:
Super C Chewable. He takes one a day. Honestly because he loves the taste so much, he does beg for more!
Ningxia Red. Ah he loves drinking it in his shot glass and going cheers with us at the same time. He loves it neat and takes 30 ml each day. Sometimes he ask for another serving too.
When we can remember, we apply a dab of Thieves on his soles. I also like oils like Frankincense, Lemon, Oregano, Basil, Thyme on soles too to keep him healthy!
Emotional and Mental Health
While this mama can’t wait for him to go to school (cos she can then work in peace, hehe), we knew that it would be a period of stress for him as he adapts. So this is what we apply on him before school:
A swipe of Tranquil and Joy on his chest and back of neck. Please be calm and happy for school, little one! Sometimes I add White Angelica too to give him good vibes.
I was able to sit with him for the first 3 days and there were times he threw a tantrum in school (cos he wanted something that was out of reach). So out came the Tranquil or Gentle Baby and a discreet rub at his head / chest again! If tantrum still continues, this mama rub Tranquil on herself to BREAAATHEEEE.
As a special treat, we rub a little Rose on him for a couple of days. The teachers love sniffing him (“Sol smells so good!”) and I guess they love carrying him too! He calms down very quickly when he is carried in school.
At the start of the third week, we noticed that he stopped crying while entering school and coming out when school is over. Yaaaaay!!
Faith is a member of OneDrop. She and her team supports oil users via their facebook group – Let’s Add Oil and their blog – School of YL. If you like Faith’s articles and would like to purchase the Young Living oils, please feel free to get in touch with Faith or sign up directly here.
This post is contributed by One Drop members – Norce Putri with contributions from Jessie Neo, Grace Khuah and Ranna Seah
I have always been a tropical girl, born and raised in a country blessed with constant sunny days. Not surprisingly, I have low tolerance towards cold. But I did not hesitate when the opportunity presented itself to participate in Winter Harvest at Fort Nelson in Canada. Even with its harsh winter where the temperature can be as low as -35 Celcius during the day; I jumped at the chance to join 14 other OneDroppers.
But to battle the cold, we have to be very prepared. So for this trip, other than 5 layers of clothes, socks, gloves, hat, heat packs, etc; I prepared some oils & supplements to keep me warm & strong despite of the extreme climate change.
Below is what I use and also plus some other tips from our fellow harvesters:
NORCE – Me
- Lemongrass + Eucalyptus Blue, layered on soles, morning (before going out) and night.
- Light The Fire, on soles, before or after Lemongrass + Eucalyptus Blue.
- En-R-Gee, 3-4 drops on palm, rub and press against adrenal area.
- Copaiba for chilled fingers
I only use these 4 oils and it really kept me warm thru the whole trip. I use the oils neat, adjust with your own preference & comfort level. At one point, my fingertips were a bit swollen and painful due to the extreme cold. Kai suggested to use Copaiba and the discomforts was managed quite immediately, so I kept using it through out the trip.
- Inner Defense, twice a day. Use more as needed.
- Longevity, twice a day. Use more as needed.
- Ningxia Red, I only take 60ml per day. Sometimes I forgot 😛.
- Digest and Cleanse, once a day when I remember to.
I also brought along a box of Ningxia Nitro but didn’t take it as much as I did at home. The cold weather made me happy and alert.
- Lavender Body Lotion on my body twice a day before going out and after nighttime shower. Because of ZERO humidity there, the lotion was absorbed very fast. I was worried if I would get cold rash, but fortunately that didn’t happened.
- Alot of Boswellia Wrinkle Cream for face and neck, morning and night, re-apply as necessary. *The cream sponsored by Dana Neo 😝.
- Lastly, the Young Living Lipbalm is a must!
- Thieves on sole, day and night before wearing socks.
- En-R-Gee on sole in the day before wearing socks.
- Idaho Balsam Fir on chest at night to open up airways.
- Ningxia red
- Ningxia Nitro
Both are a must in the morning.
- Frankincense & Cedarwood on face
- Lots of Bowellia Wrinkle Cream and Sheerlume
- Light The Fire
Layer on feet & tummy.
- Ningxia Red
- Inner Defense
- Wolfberry Eye Cream
- Boswellia Wrinkle Cream
- Carrot Seed
- Sandalwood Moisture Cream
My skin is very dry. I use Regenolene for body, for the face I used Sheerlume, Wolfberry Eye cream and Bowellia Wrinkle cream plus Myrrh, Geranium and Carrot Seed. I have wind burn after playing snow mobile. Was painful and numb so I added lavender and Ranna offered me Sandalwood Moisture cream. Next day it was ok 😊 Otherwise Sarah (our host there) said I will be experiencing sunburn 😊 The skin on my nose was dry too. I apply Young Living lip balm whenever I needed extra moisturising and it worked as well!
- Journey On – very haolian about this as its a special edition blend created for World Peace Caravan
- Dorado Azul – apply direct on chest as I have a prolonged cough and this really helped strengthened my lungs
- Thieves – under tongue for immune support
- Ginger on tailbone for warmth
- Geranium – this oil kept me warm very very well too and I will apply on my face, tailbone and inner thigh
- Carrot Seed and Myrrh on Face (I went neat) against tanning by the sun rays reflected by the snow
- ImmuPro – for immune support and sleep but I forsake it when we have to standby at night for Northern Lights
- BLM – this is a must for me aching joints from the harvesting, pulling and lifting of luggage
- Ningxia red – 60ml per day, I went up to 120ml per day sometimes and it really helped my bowel movement and also allowed me to wear my contact lens without discomfort
- ART Toner – I never feel comfortable putting anything on my face without toning
- Boswellia Wrinkle Cream on face and neck and body if I forgot my Sandalwood moisture cream
- Sandalwood Moisture Cream for body
- YL Lipbalm
If you like my articles and would like to purchase the Young Living oils, please drop me a message at firstname.lastname@example.org. I would love to support you in using the oils for yourself and your loved ones.
ESSENTIAL OILS FOR INTIMACY
Which Essential Oils to Enhance Sexual Intimacy?
This post is contributed by One Drop member – Connie Chua
Sex is a beautiful gift that God has given to a couple under a marriage covenant and I believe it is not only sacred, it can be the most intimate and exhilarating moment that a couple can ever experience! However, having grown up in a conservative Asian culture where sex is hardly ever brought up for discussion, I sincerely feel that we should not feel embarrassed to talk about the sexual issues we face. How I wish that more people had been more open about it so my hubby and I would not have fumbled through most part of our married life!
Nevertheless, it is never too late! Ever since I started using Young Living Essential Oils, I’ve been trying different oils for different purposes. Yes, I started to use them to first help support immunity level of my 4 children. Then when my hubby became more used to the different scents and got into being used as a “guinea pig” whenever I need to practise the massage techniques that I have learnt, I began to explore more oils and supplements that support our overall well-being as well.
With an improved health and vitality after adding essential oils and supplements from Young Living into our daily regime, I can’t help but notice that our activities between the sheets get more and more pleasurable and exciting, too! Haha, talk about discovering such great side effects of using essential oils! I became more intrigued and went to research more. So, what are the essential oils that I have been using? What about the supplements that I have mentioned earlier? Let me show you which oils I am using for myself first followed by the oils I apply on him before I touch on the supplements (pun not intended).
Firstly, Progessence Phyto Plus, or PPP for short, is highly recommended! It not only has made regular monthly visits by Aunt Flo a painless issue, my PMS seems to have subdued significantly. Even the usual tenderness on my breasts a few days before the period somehow became unnoticeable that I only realized its absence after sometime! Hence, hubby gets fewer rejections than before. (Hint: what a great gift for your wife! :D)
PPP is a serum made using a special blend of frankincense, peppermint and bergamot essential oils and progesterone from wild yam plus vitamin E. Simply apply one to two drops onto the inner arms and ankles twice a day. You can read more here.
Secondly, diffusing Joy sets me in the right mood for love and cuddles! It’s a blend of Geranium, Ylang Ylang, Jasmine and Rose essential oils! How not to feel feminine and attractive? In Indonesia, petals of Ylang Ylang flowers are scattered on the bed of newly weds. This blend helps to increase libido and balance out the crazy hormones making me feel more calm and in control.
Thirdly, I like to put on either Transformation or Believe blend onto my diffuser necklace and declare over myself that I am attractive; I am blessed so I can bless others; I am beautiful because I am fearfully and wonderfully made by my Papa God; I have gifts that made me unique; etc. These declarations are powerful and the scent added simply evoke powerful stimulus into my limbic system! I believe this act of applying the oils and verbal declarations has been helping me to act upon the beliefs that I have over myself. With such confidence being built upon myself, I find myself to be in a position to give love rather than waiting to be loved. It also helps me to discard any sexual inhibition that I had previously. So BOOMZ! Our lovemaking has been so transformed!
One last oil that I highly recommend is Shutran! Oh my, the scent of this powerful blend drives my adrenaline really high and gets me all excited for the pleasures thinking about that big O! It’s certainly worth investing as a drop behind my earlobes and his is sufficient to get into the grooves!
Next are the oils for my hubby. He, being an active jogger, has complaints of muscles aches and pains. Long usage in front of a computer also has caused him much stiffness on his neck and shoulders. Well, most probably due to bad posture. So, I applied essential oils like Idaho Blue Spruce and Cypress with v6 oil or Ortho Sports oil and massaged onto his aching muscles. Little did I know that these two added extra boost to his testosterone level and better blood circulation to you-know-where!
Another oil that I have been religiously applying on his outer ankles is Mister after I read that it is good for his prostate health. This is certainly a must as I believe that prevention is better than cure! This blend was originally formulated to support healthy prostate function and balance male energy. Apparently, this has increased his libido gas tank and helped his soldier to stay firm longer!
What about the supplements? Yes, supplements are also critical as wanting to achieve orgasm requires an extra bit of physical energy besides being healthy. Hence, drinking Ningxia Red and taking Sulfurzyme regularly is a must for me. Hubby took a while to jump in the bandwagon, but has found himself with more energy even after midnight! He used to be totally drained off by 9pm. What a drastic change!
We have been married close to 22 years and I can honestly say that our sex life has never been as satisfying as it is now. It is not so much an age issue but rather an overall health and wellness issue plus a greater level of trust and intimacy built over the years. Let me end off by sharing some oily potions that have added some “omph” in achieving that big O.
*Inner Thigh Potion for Her
20 drops of Joy
15 drops of Lime
10 drops of Cypress
25 drops of carrier oil
*Inner Thigh Potion for Him
20 drops of Idaho Blue Spruce
10 drops of Cypress
5 drops of Rosemay
5 drops of Nutmeg
25 drops of carrier oil
Put each potion into an empty 15ml roller bottle and massage over each other’s thighs and all the way up to the leg crease. Have a sensational rolling good time
*The potions are taken from the book, Lucy Libido.