Wellness with the 12 Scriptural Oils
This post is contributed by One Drop founder – Kai Tan
It is absolutely common to read hundreds of uses for just ONE essential oil. Have you ever raised your eyebrows and wondered suspiciously if someone was trying to “over-sell” the abilities of this liquid with some smell?
City dwellers like myself – raised with plasters, paracetamol and green cough syrups were pretty much educated in the way of A-Pill-for-A-Problem. Until we realized this. The problem keeps coming back. And it seems to be getting fiercer each time. Then a new pill jazzes into the pharmacies – claiming to be tougher, more intense but we don’t fully know what the side effects are. This crazy little cycle then keeps repeating itself.
And then we finally look outside of this unending maze of entrapment and are greeted by a very simple solution: God’s Love.
This Love manifests in the molecules of the very essences of plants He created. The efficacy of His medicine never gets outdated. It has a living wisdom that knows how to eradicate the invading viruses or dis-ease without hurting us or promoting a mutilation in the “enemy”. And the healing is always complete for mind, body and soul. I don’t think we will ever have the Science to match this. And I will be grateful that we don’t try. Ancient wisdom rocks for reasons.🙂
I’ll like to use the next 3 posts to delight in that very wisdom of the 12 Oils from the Ancient Scripture. These are the ones that were faithfully recorded in the bible; that were used as medicine, precious gifts, proclamation of love, anointing oils for prayers and blessings. Thousands of years later, these oils are absolutely still relevant and and have countless of uses to heal physically, emotionally and mentally.
Sandalwood essential oil has been used in India for thousands of years as an enhancement to meditation and prayer. It quiets the mental chatter that can distract us in meditation. It is also used in Ayurvedic medicine for skin revitalization.
- Support immune system
- Sandalwood has 90% sesquiterpines.
- Inhale for relaxation and enhances deep sleep
- Add 1-2 drops in ART moisturizing cream or V6 for deeper skin support
- Rub 1-2 drops into dry hair to restore moisture
- Fill a large bowl with steaming water and add a drop of Sandalwood to it. Cover your head with a towel and simply breathe. This can be helpful for respiratory and skin support
Cassia was a key ingredient in Mose’s Holy Anointing Oil. It is also mentioned in one of the oldest known medical records, Ebers Papyrus (dating from 16th century B.C) and ancient Egyptian list of 877 prescriptions and recipes.
- Supports immune system
- Supports digestive system
- Inhaling Cassia may help curb your sugar cravings
- Apply on stomach or bottoms of feet (dilute with V6 at least 1:4) to help support digestive system
Throughout antiquity, Cedarwood has been used in medicines. The Egyptians used it for embalming the dead. It is used as both traditional medicine and incense in Tibet.
- Cedarwood contains 98% sesquiterpenes
- Supports lymphatic system
- Respiratory system support
- Apply 1-2 drops of Cedarwood into palm. Dab onto temples, forehead, back of neck, bottom of nose or rims of ears to help facilitate deep sleep.
- Terry Friedmann, MD found in clinical tests that this essential oil was able to help calm and relax children.
- Place Cedarwood on your thumb and press to the roof of your mouth to release blocks to learning!
- Apply on chest to help to support respiratory system
- Supports hair growth
- Use once a week as a luscious hair treatment:
- 1/2 cup of Veg Oil (V6, Olive or Jojoba)
- 5 drops of Cedarwood
- 5 drops of Sandalwood
- 5 drops of Spikenard
- 5 drops of Myrrh
The oil of cypress originated from a tree so durable that the doors of St. Peter’s Cathedral in Rome are made from it and show no signs of decay even after 1,200 years.
- May improves circulation
- Supports cardio system
- Inhale or diffuse to ease the feeling of loss and create a sense of security and grounding
- Apply the oil in the inner arms or thighs (away from the wounded area) may help stop bleeding
- To support cardio system, apply Cypress on the spot 1 inch below ring finger where the nerve ending points of the heart is located
- Use it alone or in the following recipes:
- Morning blend – Dilute blend 60:40 with V6
- 10 drops tangerine
- 10 drops cypress
- Evening blend – Dilute blend 60:40 with V6
- 8 drops Geranium
- 5 drops Cypress
- 5 drops Helicrysum or Grapefruit
- Morning blend – Dilute blend 60:40 with V6
Go to part 2 of this series : Ancient Wisdom – Wellness with Essential Oils (Part 2)
Kai is the founder of OneDrop. She and her team supports oil users via https://www.facebook.com/groups/sgonedrop/. If you like Kai’s articles and would like to purchase the Young Living oils, please feel free to get in touch with Kai here or sign up directly here.