WHO AND WHAT IS THIEVES?
This post is contributed by One Drop founder – Kai Tan
It is perhaps one of the most baffling names used on any essential oils. If you don’t know the story, it simply does not make sense at all.
History has a true tale that in the 1800s, some thieves took to stealing from the dead and dying who suffered from the deadly black plague. How they survived being near these unfortunate dead was nothing short of a miracle – they used nature’s best gifts for protection. In this case, they had rubbed the spices of Clove, Cinnamon, Eucalyptus Radiata, Rosemary plus the fruit Lemon – all over themselves; having heard of the natural protective elements in them. When they were eventually captured and their secret spilled, the “thieves blend” ironically became heroic. And today, this powerful mix has become an essential oil blend that allows the very essences of these ingredients to be richly distilled and used to support the immune system.
Thieves, naturally became the most popular essential oil blend in Young Living. It was very quickly transformed into an extensive range of home care products that families are desperately looking for, that provides strong cleaning yet remains completely safe when our families get in contact with it.
Toxic free. Plant-based. Essential oil-infused.
Chuck out the chemicals [Click here to read how they are silently eating into our homes]. And for holy moly sake – switch over to be safe.
Let’s not bore you with all the technicalities here. I’ve compiled here some tips and astonishing learning facts instead of the Thieves range that will make your head turn!
1. Thieves Household Cleaner
- Soak heavily greased pots and pans with 1-2caps of the solution plus hot water. Add some baking soda in and grease scrubs off easy
- It’s so green and clean you can use 1 cap of this with a tub of warm water for a smelly foot soak. Think dettol but sans the harshness.
- Oh quarantining your little bubs from school germs? Creative mums have actually found this useful for a quick little soak and scrub too.
2. Thieves Laundry Soap
- Laundry soaps typically do not completely wash off after several rinse. Normal chemical based laundry soap therefore leaves traces of harsh cleaning chemical in the fibers of our clothing that are irritating the skin as you wear them.
- If you are dealing with sensitive skin issues, replacing harsh commercial cleaners with Thieves Laundry Soap will support your skin health.
3. Thieves Spray
- Keep this handy in your handbag. Public toilet seats, baby changing tops can do with some sanitising
- Travel with the Thieves Spray. You never know when you need a purifying spray down – motion sickness mess, travelling on a plane or train with a sneezing few; or stuck in a seat with a funky smelling passenger.
- Have a cat like mine that throws up fur-balls on carpets, table tops or bed? Thieves spray works like magic.
4. Thieves Hand Sanitiser
- The active ingredient in most antibacterial products including commercial hand sanitisers is triclosan – an antibacterial agent that kills bacteria and inhibits bacterial growth. But not only does triclosan kill bacteria, it also has been shown to kill human cells.
- Stick to the plant-based Thieves Hand Sanitiser for a natural on-the-go clean-up.
5. Thieves Fruit and Vegetable Spray (or Soak)
- A healthy diet begins with lots of fruits and vegetables, but some of your family’s favorites may contain startling amounts of harmful pesticides. In developing children, pesticide exposure contributes to neurological problems, which impair learning, memory and attention.
- Thieves Fruit and Veggie Soak contains Young Living’s three exclusive essential oil blends—DiGize, Thieves, and Purification; that effectively washes and cleanse fruits and vegetables.
- Thieves Fruit and Veggie Spray contains Thieves and Lime Essential oils; offering ease to clean your fruits on-the-go!
6. Thieves Aromabright Toothpaste
- Fluoride has been in the spotlight as a chemical that our current lifestyle is allowing a higher than usual amount in. Many are beginning to source for alternatively oral care that does not include fluoride. Thieves Aromabright Toothpaste offers a fluoride-free alternative.
- Many have found the this toothpaste have helped them effectively upkeep gum health and some have reported bleeding gums to have stopped.
7. Thieves Mouthwash
- This fluoride-free mouthwash offers excellent support for the gums and teeth
- Gargling the Thieves mouthwash has kept scratchy throats or ulcers at bay
- Small amounts of the mouthwash has also been used to disinfect cuts and scratches
8. Thieves Dental Floss
- Formulated with the power of Thieves essential oil blend, Thieves Dental Floss efficiently and effectively keeps bacteria at bay.
- The floss is saturated twice, locking in double protection to freshen your breath and providing longer-lasting results to promote healthy gums.
9. Thieves Foaming Handsoap.
- Another triclosan-free home care product that provides the protection and cleanliness without the harmful chemicals
- SLS and Paraben in typical commercial handsoaps contain ingredients that have been extensively researched to be hormone-disrupting. The Thieves Handwash offers none of these tough ingredients to safe-keep our health.
Should you like to purchase the Young Living oils, please drop me a message at email@example.com. I would love to support you in using the oils for yourself and your loved ones.